Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, May 25, 2007

Run Report

Monday and Wednesday - 2.5 miles. I am running with a friend and her dogs who aren't used to going much farther. We are gradually going to increase their distance.

Friday - 2.75 miles, just myself and Cosmo

Saturday will be 3/3.5 miles (slow) at the park. I will decide at the turnaround which distance we will do, depending on temperature.

Next week M/W/F will all be 2.75 miles.

Not keeping track of times because I know we are slow.

5 comments:

urban vegan said...

I always feel like such a limp when I read your exercise log. I feel all happy if I EVER run 2-3 miles. Usually, it's just one.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I was just looking for a vegan "meatball" recipe & found your blog. I am relieved to see the running stuff, because then I know we are not long lost twins.

Thank you for mentioning how you don't need to watch the animal cruelty films, etc. Back in the early 1980s, when I was active against nuclear weapons, I remember seeing the same footage in quite a few movies of a Japanese girl who had been wearing a plaid dress when the bomb hit, and the doctor peeled back the shoulder of her dress to show that the pattern was scorched into her skin. After the dozenth time I saw that, I was able to look at it without crying & being about to vomit. And that was a very, very bad thing. These images SHOULD hurt.

I'll be back to enjoy more of your posts.
-- your fellow vegan, excessive baker, dog-rescuing, (former) New Yorker Ellen

Sue said...

At least you are running more miles with me and you have "friends" who don't talk back. If I hear "How much longer" one more time......Oh wait, didn't I do that last year? Ok, He is saved for now!!! Hope to run with you and the motivators soon!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT mileage! You'll be ready for that 10K in no time!

Jen

Anonymous said...

tamale is stalling out at 7:30 minutes, but i think it's because i'm not consistent. now uni is out. maybe i can be better. not get her out then walk then run then walk.

but she does love it. finds her new harness very in.