Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Weekend 2007

Bridg decided to have a cookout. We decided to go. So did our dogs. So did Bazu and Daiku. All of Syracuse's finest and best vegan bloggers in one locale. Ok, Syracuse's only vegan bloggers.....

As usual, Cosmo views their home as a doggie summer camp. He loves being in the midst of the pack. He wants in:

He wants out:
Mal enjoyed exploring the huge, greyhound friendly yard:


There was lots of consulting around the grill (not by me, though. My fat butt was parked in a lawnchair and I had sangria in hand. I didn't move much.)


One distressing and unfortunate instance of tofu kebab-icide:
But all of the other food was delicious and happy to be there:
Homemade, barbeque seitan ribz:
Potato salad, bean and veggie dip, and coleslaw (l to r)
Yum, yum:
Tiramisu cupcakes from VCTOTW:
It is a little discombobulating to walk into a room in a friend's house to find your dog standing on their couch:

8 comments:

Bridget said...

Thanks for coming and bringing those awesome cupcakes. I just had a dream about them....mmmmmmm. Great photos too! The one of MoMo looks like he is winking at the camera.

All my tomorrows said...

Good grief. I am drooling like a Greyhound being teased with a turkey neck. That looks SOOOOO good. Good times for all were had it appears. That's what it's all about.

Happy Memorial Day.

Thanks for the WP link. I think of my grandfather who served in World War II on the Battelship Texas on this day. I also think of my brother-in-law who sits in Iraq as we speak - dodging bullets and praying he is lucky enough to once again get home (this is his third tour)to my sister and their 3 kids.

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks DELISH!!!! :oD

Jen

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time... looks like you're having a wonderful time. :-) Have you moved into the new house? I looked back into your blog history, but doing so made me feel odd. Kind of like artificially "catching up" with you without the fuss of actually making contact. The internet's newest way of bringing us all closer apart. Anywho, quick update: graduated SU, commissioned as a Second Lieutenant in Military Intelligence, got married, returned from honeymoon, start the police academy tomorrow. Drop me a message when you get the chance - would love to Actually catch up. :-)

Iowa Greyhound said...

The food looks delicious!

bazu said...

Bridget rulez! Best BBQ ever!
That photo however, makes us all look a tad, shall we say, unprofessional when it comes to grilling? lol

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!

Just put the tofu back on. fire kills everything. puts hair on your chest.

Tamara said...

Oh my gosh, your dogs are the cutest! And that barbeque looks awesome - I wish I knew more vegans in my remote little corner of the world!