Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Run Report

It was -8 this morning when I woke up. Very cold. How cold? Cosmo didn't even bother to get up off his dog bed and give me the guilt trip when I left for the gym and the dreadmill.

Today was:
.5 mile - 12 m/m
1 mile - 10:40 pace
1 mile - 10:30 pace
1 mile - 10:20 pace
.5 mile - 12 m/m

4 miles - 43:40

What did I discover today? I love running 12 minute miles. They are wonderful!!! No sweating, no huffing, no lack of oxygen, no muscle pains. I can carry on a conversation like I am sitting in a coffeeshop. I love them!!! I wish every mile could be at that pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss running in the cold. i love the ritual of the clothes, the feel of the nose, and how proud i am of myself that i did it. hard to get that feeling when the coldest is maaaaaybe 50?

good on you! (c'mon, what number are you on teh waiting list)... and i'll try to remember to notce if i've logged out under my hubby's name. sorry.

Melissa'smusings said...

Happy New Year! Congrats on running. Indoor-outdoor, either way is hard when it is cold. I just think everything is hard when it is cold.
I heard a commentator talking about Mike Huckabee yesterday and he said "he may be a nice guy...but...um..he doesn't believe in science" and I thought of your prior post. Huckabee does seem like a nice guy but I wanted to assure you that I won't vote for him (and for more reasons then that, teehee).