Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

WTF???

I feel like I had a out of body experience. Today's run. W cancelled because of a work commitment so it was Cosmo and I at the park trail. I wasn't sure what my distance would be....3....3.5.....maybe even 4. I was going to play it by ear. Also thought I might throw in a few walking breaks. I really didn't expect much. We started off and hit the first mile at about 10:40. Huh. I thought that we would wait and see how things were lying at the 1.5 mark and maybe turn around there. Hit the 1.5, felt pretty good. Actually, I felt better than pretty good so on we went. I figured if I wanted to, we could walk a minute or so at the 2 mile mark. Got to the 2 mile mark at 21:30 AND I still felt pretty good. I was starting to fret a little by now. After all, it has been a long, long time since I have run and felt good. Specifically, 9/5. That was before I got sick and the last time I clocked a sub 11 mile for a run. On we went, hitting the 3 mile mark under 33, so I decided to go for it. Cosmo, who had been trotting along by my side the whole way, seemed to realize that things were looking up and he picked it up. He trotted (it is really unfair to call his pace a 'run' when he is with me. It is practically a fast walk) up in front of me and stayed there the whole last mile. You could tell he was happy, he was all perky and prancy.

The final verdict? 43:22, 4 miles, 10:50 mile pace. It felt so good, I am a little scared.

2 comments:

Sue said...

YAH!!! Way to go!!!!

bazu said...

I had a similar bike ride today- I felt like I could keep going and the hills didn't even kick my ass! Must have been something in the air...
go us!