Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Deep Breaths

I am trying not to hyperventilate. I have done it. There is no turning back. I just registered for this. Amazing what the first half decent run in 6 weeks (see previous entry!) makes you think you can do :-)

Woohoo! April 27, 2008.

Why this race?

1) I wanted an early/spring race.
2) It is an 3.5 hour drive from home.
3) W agreed to run this one - you didn't think there was any way I would run by myself, did you? Now just to get B & B to run it.........Mwahhahahahahah!
4) 10 bands along the route! I am big on anything that has the potential to distract me from my misery.
5) We will run through a covered bridge! How cool is that? A COVERED BRIDGE!
6) Post race lunch includes Vegetarian Vegetable & Mini Perogie Soup and Vegetarian Sausage Sandwiches. Oh, I am so there!
7) It's a big race and we shouldn't be DFL (not that there's anything wrong with that - I HAVE been last before. The sun still comes up the next day.....)

The plan is to do a 16 week training program for it starting the first part of January. And to lose 15 pounds before starting. Ha ha. I can't even read that sentence with laughing out loud at the hopeful absurdity of it.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Wooo hooo!! Glad you made the plunge and the course sounds cool!

I am still in the thinking about it stage.

Anonymous said...

YEAH! You'll do great. If I'm not at GIG I will certainly be there!!!!

J :o)

michelle said...

That looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

thanks for mentioning your rac eon your blog. The race will be sending out a 13-week training program for beginners, intermediates, and experts designed by Bart Yasso of Runner's World. Lots of runners had great success with this program from our 2007 race. - Director, Lehigh Valley Half Marathon

Anonymous said...

do it for #5 if nothing else!