Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, September 15, 2007

NYC - Part I

Been back from the Big City for almost a week but haven't blogged the trip yet - I am a disgrace in bloggerville :-) Jen was prompt with her account. She is much more responsible than I. LOL
Ah, what can I say? New York. I LOVE New York. Luve, lurve, heart it. Anyway you want to say it.

We drove down on Saturday afternoon (in the Prius, 50.9 mpg, thank you very much!) and arrived around 5:30. We stayed with my daughter who has a very nice two bedroom apartment she shares with a roommate, in the Washington Heights area. We lucked out and found an awesome on street parking spot on W 170th, right across from a police station. The prius was parked and stayed right there until we left Tuesday afternoon. The apartment is a 6th floor walk-up and everytime I hiked those stairs, I thanked myself for all my running!

We went to Jen's old college friend, Christie's play that evening. It was good. Really good. A very, nicely professional production. I don't know what I was expecting but I enjoyed it a lot. We then went to the afterparty at a bar around the corner from the playhouse. Both of Jen's friends from school, Christie and Jody were very nice, friendly and welcoming.

Kate and Jen on the subway to the theater:


The crowd outside the theater after the play let out:
Successful Wells Alumnae, Christie, Jen and Jody (?), all a credit to their university:
Party On Garth! Seriously, that is my beer she is holding, Jen only had a soda in the bar :-)

2 comments:

Bridget said...

The picture of Jen and the beer just cracks me the hell up.

Anonymous said...

Too many photos of fat, stumpy jen! LOL.

Jen