Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Teleportation

I usually live in Central New York. Somehow, I magically woke up this morning and am in the deep south, in the hottest part of their summer. Seriously, it is 77 degrees at 7:30 am. You know the saying, 'It isn't the heat, it's the humidity'? It is so humid that every time I open the fridge, a cloud of mist escapes. My hardwood floor feels damp and icky under foot. I will be running alone this morning, without W or Cosmo (too hot). Fun times, people. Fun times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(re: your comment on mine... meanie!)

i am i am i am running. i just put my shoes on and sat up to see a new comment in the in box. i'm going for 2 runs. 1 loop by myself to go faster and another short loop with tamale. will have to walk both the kids later. i don't like to run wackamo.

but i'm going now, miss sticky pits.

bazu said...

Yeah and don't forget the cicadas! They are SO loud this year, we might as well be in a Eugene O'Neil story...

KleoPatra said...

i know it's bad all over when it's bad here. And it's been bad. And Californians do not like bad weather, believe me. It creates bad tension... i try to stay off the road whenever possible when it rains hard in the winter and during the rare times when it's not 70 degrees F. here... Hang in there!