Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday run report

I managed to get all the miles planned last week done but it wasn't easy due to scheduling. Today, we started back on our MWFSat rotation. The result of today's run meant that in three days I have run a total of 14.5 miles. Now, that is an amount that some runners can do in their sleep but make no bones about it - it is a lot of miles for me in 3 days. So, I was really tired today and I also had a scare right before leaving to run - one of those that elevates your heartrate to 170 in 15 seconds and leaves you with the shakes and nausea. Add to this scenario W ran last night and that it was much warmer and humid than I expected. This is a recipe for a run/walk day. And run/walk we did. 10 minute run/2 minute walk - a 12 and change pace.

On a positive note, I assembled a list of possible half marathons for us in early 2008. I would love to accept this invitation but I don't think I could convince the husb to let me travel almost 2000 miles for a race :-( So we are sticking to the east coast races.

Caesar Rodney Half - Wilmington, Delaware, March
National Half - Washington, DC, March
Frederick Marathon and Half - Frederick, MD, May
Ocean City Marathon and Half - Ocean City, MD, April
Hyannis Port Marathon and Half, Hyannis, MA, February

I would love to do Hyannis in February - all that cold, brisk air but I don't think W will go for it. She is a much more temperate runner than I :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Half Marathons! Holy crap... that's like 12 miles isn't it?

How about an Ironman? :o)

Jen

IHateToast said...

oh oh oh hyannis.

but then again, a freebie t-shirt with 'rodney' somewhere on it would be good. rodney. ha!