Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Done!

It wasn't easy but I did manage to get the scheduled 18.5 miles in this week. Yesterday was 5.75. Sue ran 4 with me. We took a little water break and then Cosmo and I finished the last 1.75 miles. I felt really good at the 4.5 mile mark - just cruising along. Of course, the good feeling lasted only a quarter mile. I had to walk a minute or so at the 5 mile point due to a recurrence of this episode. A minute of upper thigh clenching and the urge passed. I felt very, very tired and lethargic after the run. My legs were heavy and I felt dopey. I felt way more tired than I thought I should. I ended up laying down a couple times. It occurred to me after that I drank no water after my run. I drank 8-12 oz an hour or so before my run at 8 am. I drank 4 oz. after and then forgot about drinking completely until about 5:30 pm. What a dope.

Today, was 4.25 by myself. Cosmo was very tired after yesterday - he took a 4 heavy, deep sleeping nap. Considering I ran yesterday, I am pretty happy with the time. It would be nice to get back to the 10's but I don't think that will happen much as we increase our distances. Tomorrow is 4.5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you run like that in this heat... you have a will of steel!

Jen

IHateToast said...

and i can't seem to get out early in this cold. i can run in the cold, but i can't get out of bed and dressed in a cold house. so don't mock my pain!

will promise to run today for you. i have to say i'm doing this for someone or i'll just blow it off again.