Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, August 24, 2007

Menthol does not belong everywhere!

The husband came home a couple of days ago from his naturopathic appointment with some special soap. It was some liquid peppermint shower soap from Vermont Soap Organics. He is probably his naturopath's best customer. You would not believe some of the stuff he brings home from there.


Anyways, fast forward to today, after my run. I hop in the shower, grab the shower sponge, pour some of this stuff on and proceed to go to town on my nasty sweaty, 'I'm gonna make you regret your alive during this run' body. I even thought that maybe this stuff would help my self conceived body odor problem. No one else smells it (or maybe they are just being polite when I ask them if I stink) but ever since summer began, I don't think I have completely been able to banish the b.o. I feel like Pigpen with a little noxious cloud following me all around.

I have tried numerous deodorants and antiperspirants (and let me tell you, they never work!). Different soaps. Washed my running shoes. I even Fabreezed the car seats, thinking that must be what is smelling. No matter what I do, I am still afraid I smell.


So I lather up all over and enjoy the nice, peppermint-y smelling soap. I even think to myself to be careful not to get any of this in my eyes because that peppermint would sting. And then I feel it. Not in my eyes, but in a certain other, delicate, lady-like area. Refreshing, cooling, minty, numbing, menthol-y stinging. I check the bottle and there is no genital warning. If this stuff wasn't safe to use on genitals, wouldn't they have to put that on the labels? This stuff better wear off before my run tomorrow morning because I bet it will be a killer combined with a bad case of runner's crotch sweat.

5 comments:

Marcy said...

OMG ROFLMAO!!! It didn't feel nice at all?!? Dannnngggg. Nothing says angry woman like crotch burn. Sorry chica :-( Guess it's back to the ole Irish Spring, huh? LOL

bazu said...

Oh. my. frakking. god.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you wrote "genitals"!!!! ROFLMAO!

Jen

vko said...

Hehehe- that is too funny. Actually, I know exactly what you mean having had that experience the first I ever used Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap!

IHateToast said...

guess you'll be avoiding the jr mints from now on. how funny (sorry). don't ask me why i know, but next time, slather on the yogurt.

i forgot what i was doing and lathered up with an exfoliating bar down there. yup. i'd advise not to.