Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, July 27, 2007

When you run with a dog.....

The dog rules the run.

Today - 4 miles, 15 minute/mile pace. It was warm and humid but not THAT warm and humid, or so I thought. Cosmo thought differently. Especially at about the 2.25 mile mark. He stopped, didn't want to run. So we walked the 1.75 back to make our 4 miles.

I don't know why he stopped. Maybe he just didn't want to run today. Maybe he thought it was too hot, or he was too tired. He did eat a huge dinner last night and maybe that was why. In any event, when Cosmo doesn't want to run, Cosmo doesn't have to run. Cosmo rules our runs :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cosmo had the right idea! I could barely mow the lawn this morning... so hot and HUMID... when I was done, I was just drenched. Yuck. :o(

Ready for tomorrow?? :o)

Jen

Anonymous said...

i also run with mi perra jackie, so i can relate... you keep a good pace in a warm weather!

Anonymous said...

It's so funny those few times I tried to run with Noble, when he doesn't want to run, his legs turn into brakes and that's it. We don't run anymore. There is no amount of coaxing or cajoling that will convince him otherwise. Secretly I'm always a little happy when he calls it quits before I do.