Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mixed Bag

First, the runs:

Saturday, 5 miles. 11:25 pace. Very happy with that. Run felt good all around. Sue did great. I left my tunes in the car so Bridget stayed with us and chatted the whole way. I was anxious and preoccupied with the upcoming wedding so I was distracted and not focusing on my misery as I usually do. Yeah, how hardcore are we? The husband, the wife and me all out for our weekly long run 3 hours before the ceremony. LOL

Monday, 3.75 miles. 10:44 pace. A PB for us this year at this distance. Felt pretty good.

Wednesday, 3.75 miles. 11:26 pace. Death march. Just was not a good run. No need to say anything else.

Thursday (technically Friday's run), 3.75 miles. 11:14 pace. Yeah, a little faster than yesterday. Of course, WE WALKED TWICE FOR A MINUTE EACH YESTERDAY.... It is very, very humid today which didn't help. Neither W or I are great 'two days in a row' runners. I overslept so couldn't stick to my coffee, water, brekkie, bathroom routine. On the plus, we didn't walk today although I really, really wanted to. Since I have broken down and walked a few times in the last week, it has been like a dam has broken. All I can think about now when I am out running, is how much I just want to stop and walk. Unlike previous runs, there was no reason to take a walk break today - heartrate and breathing felt fine. I was just tired and didn't want to run.

We are leaving Friday for a long weekend in Lake Placid, camping and watching the IM, hence Friday's run today. There are four of us humans and 5 greyhounds going up. This will be B's first camping trip, yeehaw! One, maybe two of us might be OTR, so B is worried about bear attacks :-)

Our training schedule calls for 5.25 on Saturday so we are going to get up early and run the route around Mirror Lake twice. It is about 5.5 miles. I am so looking forward to that - it is so pretty. I am hoping a change of scenery and locale might give some joie de vivre back into my running routine. Of course, with the race the next day, I know the village is going to be full of IM triathletes so I am prepared to look like a dork, huffing and puffing. I should probably put a sign on my back, saying, "I am NOT racing tomorrow!"

Wedding. The source of lots of anxiety for me Friday and Saturday morning. During the run, I had this song stuck in my head (that was why not having my tunes wasn't a big deal- this was looping through my brain!)











Of course, my brain version was with a Cockney accent but I chose this one because we are going to see Brian Setzer in November.
The vow renewals all went off without a hitch. Bill and Andrew looked very dashing in their suits.

The Happy Couple:

My wedding present for the happy couple; wedding tiered cupcakes:

Jen got them a six pack of beer. What can I say? Alcohol and huge amounts of sugar, fat and starch for wedding presents. We are way too classy :-)
The ceremony was great - very lowkey. Their priest was just as funny and nice, as they said he was. His dog, Danny Boy, was present during the ceremony. It doesn't seem as though he was impressed all that much.


We also had the vegan brunch on Sunday. Frankly, I am too tired and lazy to write much about it and post the pictures. You can read about here (much better writing than I am capable of too!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the stray cats were one of my first concerts. sigh. seeing him look older makes me sad. not as sad as seeing the older versions of the guys from haircut 100. still, it's very sad taht these guys have aged so much, while i've stayed so young and nubile.

the cake of cakes looks so yummy. i love cupcakes. even fun to say. the renewed couple look fresh and happy.

KleoPatra said...

Aw sweet wedded bliss. Keep up the walking/running... some days are better than others, don't i know it?

Danny Boy's pooped :o) poor kid!

Have a great weekend, Trac!

vko said...

What a lovely thing to do- those cupcakes are great & I love the presentation.

My favorite is the sleeping pupsters pooped out by the ceremony.

Hope you are well!