Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Whew!

Monday: 3 miles (no time)
Wednesday: 3.25 - 10:58 m/m
Thursday: 3.25 - 11:12 m/m

Friday's run became Thursday's run because the husb is having all 4 wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Not only are the wisdom teeth going buh-bye but Link is also. :-( He is heading out to his new home early in the morning.

Wednesday Cosmo and I ran by ourselves. I was a little surprised at the time. I thought we were a little faster than that. Today, Thursday, we met W and T. We were a little slower than usual but considering Cos and I ran yesterday morning and W and T ran last night, I will take that time and be happy. It felt hard - I wanted so badly to stop with a mile left but we didn't and of course, now I am happy :-)

Perusing some running blogs, I came across a runner who used a downloaded podcast from dj steve boyett to help keep her pace. I thought it was worth a try so I downloaded one podcast and put it on the ipod. I thought my ears were going to bleed or I was going to fall down and have a fit. I guess techno just isn't the genre for me. If you do like techno, you might want to give it a try - I do like the way the podcasts are all labeled with bpm. I need to rethink my run list though, maybe make a new one. Even though I have it on shuffle, I just don't get that element of surprise and distraction anymore from it.

Saturday will hopefully be 3.75 miles. I am going to try my darndest not to turn around at 1.75.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i run to wait wait don't tell me. love giggling when i run.

not a techno mamma myself.

KleoPatra said...

i usually run sans anything (other than clothes and shoes, of course... and Mattie when it's not too hot!) because it's safer to me to be aware of my surroundings. The iPod experiment does sound interesting tho, Trac, i'm glad you tried it out. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Way to keep on running. i'm inspired, i am!! Way to keep goin' even tho you wanted to badly to stop. That's what it's all about! (NOT the Hokey Pokey...)

Poor hubs w/the wisdome teef... i had mine out many years ago and 'twas not fun.

Best of luck on the Saturday run!!! GO YOU!

All my tomorrows said...

Techno..what is that exactly anyway? I've always wondered this...

I have to change my mP3 up pretty regularly because, yep, i shuffle it too, and when I start anticipating what is going to come next, it's time for change.

My fave new running "tunes" are the QOTSA stuff off "Era Vulgaris". Give it a listen. It's all pretty rhythmic and has just enough angst to get you going :-).