Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Saturday's run

4 miles - 44:56 11:14 m/m

Ran with Sue - don't know how she did it because she hasn't been running all that regularly lately. I suggested 4, she was game. Told her I was just going for the distance, time wasn't a real factor. I was shooting for 12 m/m or under. I would have been happy with 11:59.

Sue went out and set the pace and I just hung with her, first mile was 11:25 so we didn't drop our pace drastically over the distance as I tend to do. Sue tends to be steadier in the pacing department than I am. We chatted the first 3 miles and then got really quiet the last mile :-)

I am very, very happy to have done that distance with that time - it felt good and it felt like we could have been faster. It didn't feel like we were 'pushing' it. Or at least it didn't until the last quarter mile. Cosmo, of course, had no trouble at all with the distance or the pace.

This coming week:
Monday - 3.25
Wednesday - 3.5
Friday - 3.5
Saturday - 4.25

We shall see how it goes. 6.2 is calling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing so well, I am envious! I can barely do a 2 mile run once a week now... too effing hot. :o(

Jen

Sue said...

How did you get this on the blog so fast? I just finished the Regional Market, taking the kids to lunch, then taking the kids food shopping? I think I'm ready for a nap!!

Bridget said...

Holy shit. Good run! I did get out there around 10 a.m. :-)

Anonymous said...

cosmo not impressed with you? sad they can't just learn to fake being impressed.
i'm ready to start with T again after myl little week of medical fun.

at least it's a season in which i can run when i want to. noon runs aren't too hot. love it! my sleep in season.

KleoPatra said...

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!!

You are a star, really, you are...