Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, May 17, 2007

To add insults to my injury

First off - the wonky ankle. Very irritating. Getting better and I am going to run tomorrow. So there.

Second - looks like a third-in-less-than-two-years shingle outbreak. I woke up yesterday and they were popping up on my arm and my side. Good news is they just itch but aren't causing the excruciating pain that my first outbreak had.

Third - an ob-gyn appointment yesterday. Ick, ick, ick.

Fourth - while walking up to the entry way to the office building for above referenced ick ick ick appointment, I fell. Not a stumble but an honest to goodness sprawled out on the pavement fall. Spectacular. I grabbed for the iron railing, missed and banged my head and my upper arm on it. I looked like a dork. Don't know why I fell, didn't step on anything, didn't miss a stair. My body just decided to do a swan dive to the pavement. I did provide amusement to a group of fairly suspicious looking and hygiene compromised men.

Fifth - said obgyn doctor, after performing unspeakable, violating acts upon my body, informs me I need to lose 20 lbs. Really? You don't say.

Sixth - above referenced shingles, after behaving for 24 hours, decided to make my life more interesting. Specifically, by starting to pop up on my face. By my eye. Optic nerve and shingles - not a good mix. So my evening will probably be spent in the Urgent Care, waiting to get some antiviral crap to nip this in the bud.

5/18 - edited to add: Doc says it isn't shingles but actually contact dermatitis. Whoopee! Of course, for all I know, contact dermatitis is doc code speak for flesh eating bacteria. But it isn't shingles, alas no good narcotic pain killers. :-)
5/20 - edited to add: I am feeling very cervically challenged. No one has ever commented much less complimented me on my cervix except to say 'it is dilated so push'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that does it! STAY HOME! i just had the o/g visit and he said my cervix was very nice. a previous one said it was pretty and small. i have a weak chin and a gut, but darn if i don't have a hot pixie cervix!

when i get back from the weekend, i don't want to read about you doing anything but staying home! okay? orders.

Anonymous said...

Poison Ivy. I bet it is Poison Ivy-- there were soooo many of those vile weeds out at the West Shore Trail and Oneida Shores... I bet you picked up a case while planting your Runs With Dog box! I bet $100!

Jen

All my tomorrows said...

Yikes. Hope you feel better soon. I always feel like a dog after a bath upon a visit to OB/GYN..shake shake shake...the horror.

bazu said...

just, I'm SO sorry. I hope you're a bit better by now. =)