Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Letterboxing photos

I thought I would chime in on the weekend letterboxing adventures. Last week, I planted a new box, Runswithdog, along the park trail that Cosmo and I run. Bridg and Jen graciously offered to check my clues before I posted them. Their accounts of the weekend are here and here. They found my box easily with only a suggestion or two for clue changes. Here is Jen wandering around looking for it:



I forgot to photograph the log book before planting the box so here is Jen modeling my handmade logbook:



Here is Bridg and Jen employing all the stealth they are capable of, stamping in the logbooks right in the middle of the trail:

(I am kidding about the sarcastic stealth bit. We take the letterboxing stealth and discretion issue very, very seriously. There just was no one really around.:-))

Hiking later at Oneida Shores. About this time, those two were starting to get stir crazy and exhibit signs of ADD. The conversation went like this:

Me: The clue says this.....blah, blah, blah.
Bridg: Maybe it means this tree. (looks behind the first tree she comes to)
Jen: Lucy is so absolutely gorgeous, don't you two agree.
Me: Look over in that area.
Bridg: The box is gone. Isn't it a nice day?
Jen: (not talking, just taking hundreds of photos of Cliff)
Me: Keep looking, you two. It has to be here.
Bridg: It's gone.
Jen: I love your new camera Bridg.
Bridg: (not talking, but down on her knees barking at Clifford)
Me: (15 minutes later) I got it.
Bridg: I could have sworn it was gone!

This is Bridg in a post moon shot. Yep, she mooned us. Why? Don't know. Too bad my camera isn't fast enough.


Here is a perfect example of how my boxing companions occupied themselves while I searched for boxes. Wonder what they are saying to each other?

4 comments:

Bridget said...

First off, Cliff and I were having a very nice conversation thank you very much. And second of all, I wanted to feel the breeze on my ass. :-)

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Did I really talk about Lucy that much??

Jen

All my tomorrows said...

Ha!

What fun.

I need to try this again. I did it a couple of times in the past and it was a good time.

Anonymous said...

a very funny post.
is the last photo of an argument on who gets to wear the pulli?