Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

SVS dinner

Monday was the second SVS dinner. We hosted 24 people at Las Delicias, a local caribbean place, for a spread of plantains, rice and bean dishes, empanadas, etc. As in our initial outing at Steve's Cantina, there were some slight hitches - ok.....some major hitches. Bridg and I (along with the help of one of our diners!) ended up plating salads, serving food, and bussing tables. Oh well. One thing about B that makes doing these types of events easier is that she shares my same work philosophy.....we don't care what we have to do, we will do it to ensure success. Neither of us is too proud to clear tables! Overall, I think the dinner was a success - once the food started arriving, it kept coming! There was a lot of it and it was good.

These dinners have a definite learning curve for us and each time we learn more of what we should do. I think by about the 4th dinner, we will have the process down pat. Even though I brought my camera, I was unable to take any pictures but you can head on over to bazu's blog and check out her account of the event.

No comments: