Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mid week run

The only thing I will complain about more than the temperatures being below 50? The temperatures above 60. No satisfying me :-) Not a cloud in the sky - temps gonna be over 80 today.

Ideally, Momo, Bobo (no comments please, I know it is dorky) and I would have been out running at 7 am. But I had workers coming at 8 am. My plan was to let them in the house, take off for our half hour run before it got too warm. Did they show at 8? No. Did they show at 8:30? No. Did they show at 9? No. 9:11. I waited around and then the husb said he would stay until they showed so we could get out before it was too hot. We went out at 8:30. It wasn't too bad for me but the dogs really felt it, especially T'Bo. Momo is more used to it and can handle it better. We did 2.5 miles slow with a walk break at about 1.25 miles. Honestly, even warm, if it had been just me and Mo, we would have done the 3. I ended up draping a cool towel over T'bo for a few minutes when we got home to help him cool down.

T'Bo runs as far as he can behind me. I expected he would be a bit more competitive with Cosmo. He raced until he was 5 and I heard he was a moneymaker. When a friend and her greyhound run with me, both her dog, Wil and Cosmo run out ahead of us, neck and neck. They aren't willing to let the other one go ahead. That is funny because both Wil and Cosmo were unsuccessful racers. T'Bo, who was successful, seems to have no competitive drive to stay with Cosmo. Just goes to show, you never can tell.

Oh, while I think of it......shout out to the sanitation workers who took the filled poop bags I was running with. Those guys rawk! And also to our local school bus driver who will practically drive up on someone's lawn to give me and the dogs a wide enough berth on the street. Makes a nice change from those nimrods who like to go by me so close I can see my reflection in their side mirrors.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Run, Run, Run! Are you racing on the 12th? I noticed it on your race roster!!!

J

All my tomorrows said...

I'm the weirdo who likes it hot and humid as heck on a run....it makes the Gatorade taste bettah after I'm done! But, no, sadly, the dogs can not handle this kind of weather. Can you get a treadmill for home? Might help alleviate those "meh" days where the weather is not cooperating...and then just walkies for the dogs. A thought.