Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, May 07, 2007

Food Frenzy

Tonight is the second SVS vegan dinner at Las Delicias. Yesterday, bazu and Bridg came over and we whipped up a batch of Dulce Sin Leche cupcakes from VCTOTW for an after-dinner snack.

The naked cupcakes:

Of course, we had sustinence for ourselves:
Bridg's bean salad:



Bridg's raw carrot and apple slaw:

And the piece de resistance, our grilled veggie sandwiches:

I have slid off my diet bandwagon the past few days starting with a Cinco de Maya party. For the first time in my life, I saw jello shots. I thought they were some college, urban myth but I guess they really exist. Of course, I didn't partake because they aren't vegan and frankly, they looked nasty. After tonight though, I am back to the calorie counting.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Wow! I really shouldn't have come to your blog hungry today. All those pictures look great. I'm going to have to go get some lunch now.

bazu said...

I'm still licking my chops after that fantastic dinner at your house! And the las delicias! and the cupcakes! too much good food- ack...