Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Busted!

Not a happy camper right now. I met a friend at the park this morning to run with our dogs. Her dogs haven't been running much so we ran 1.25 miles, walked a quarter mile and then ran another 1.25. Towards the end, I hit the edge of the pavement and rolled my ankle. I knew it was coming and compensated (very nicely, I thought). It didn't hurt that bad. I walked it off in a matter of a minute or two and we continued running with no problem. End of story, right? So, I thought.

Here I am. 5 hours later. Unable to walk with my ankle, twice it's normal size, on ice. WTH? What is with the delayed reaction? I came home, showered, cleaned my car out. I headed to the grocery store and on the way, I thought to myself, 'Hmmmm, the ankle kind of hurts'. I didn't think too much about it because, well, frankly, I usually can't be bothered about this kind of stuff. I got out of the car and could barely make it into the store. I thought if I got in there I could lean on the cart and get my shopping done. Nope. I tried but that definitely wasn't going to be happening. So I hobbled back out, trying not to wince out loud and now here I am. I am pissed.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I hope that you have a speedy recovery. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who gets pissed when I get injured.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooh. I hate it when I roll my ankle!

I hope you are feeling better today!

Jen