Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Stamp retiring


With spring coming along - I know it is hard to believe since it was below freezing this morning and we have some snow on the ground - I was going through my letterboxing stuff last night,
getting prepared for hitting the trails in a few weeks. I am retiring Angus's signature stamp. I was thinking of planting the stamp permanently but I decided against that. I couldn't bear the chance of losing it. So it will be placed, along with his ashes, his sweater, his collar in his memorial box. I will also include all the cards and the printed internet/email thoughts we received, too.

I carved the stamp from a drawing that Jen did. It is one of my very favorite images. It captures his joie de vivre so perfectly. Angus loved being out in the woods, hiking. He never met a trail he didn't want to head down on. He was a game little fellow, ready for anything - a little one mile jaunt or a 9 miler. It is definitely going to be lonelier for both Cosmo and I out on the trails this year.















7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe he took that 8 1/2 mile Hanglider's Peak/river/waterfall/getting lost hike in stride, especially since he had to walk TWICE as fast as we and the hounds did, with his short little legs-! Didn't seem to faze him at all...

Jen

All my tomorrows said...

Such a darling fellow. So well loved and so missed. More peace to you.

KleoPatra said...

AWWWW! *HUGS* This is a great post. I am so sad i never got to meet Angus in real life... but i love the photos and love your memories. He was so loved!! Lucky sweet doggie... thank you for giving him such freedom to run and play and sniff and, well... just be HIM!

Iowa Greyhound said...

Angus had so much character. It even comes through the photos.

Sue said...

Angus will be greatly missed, but he touched the hearts of everyone that he met. He will always be here!!!!

bazu said...

His personality really does jump out through the photos and your descriptions... wow. I wish I could have met Angus. Is one of those photos from the Clark Reservation? Looks familiar.

He will be missed.

vko said...

Thank you for sharing Angus with us- the photos are really great.

That stamp is amazing- it really does have so much personality.

I keep you & Angus in my thoughts, what a great little boy he was.