Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, April 09, 2007

I am done

Cosmo and I ran with B Saturday at the park. We did 3 miles in 33:12 (or right around there). We did have a poop break so I think it is pretty easy to say we were in the high 10 m/m. Pretty good. The bad news is it just about killed me to do that. I was very uncomfortable the whole time. It was very, very cold with a stiff breeze. At one point, I looked over and B was actually running with her head down and tucked to the side, trying to avoid the wind.

There has been enough on the news about the weather, lately. This was a miserable Easter, weather-wise. This is what the weather is forecasted for the next week:
The numbers are the high/low temps and the percent of precipitation.

TueApr 10
Few Snow Showers
37°/21°
30%


WedApr 11
Mostly Cloudy
44°/33°
10%

ThuApr 12
Rain / Snow
38°/32°
70%

FriApr 13
Partly Cloudy / Wind
45°/34°
10%

SatApr 14
Few Showers
47°/39°
30%

SunApr 15
Showers
46°/35°
40%

We are going to Florida next week for a few days. I am not a Florida fan - I lived there for 10 years as a kid and never really felt the need to go back. Until now. I am looking forward to going. I am going to sit out in the sunshine (properly sunscreened and shielded). I will do my best to sweat my ass off!

I am also done running in the cold. I will be more than happy to run in 9 degree weather in February but not in freaking April! I am done running until the daily highs are 50 or above. I apologize to my running mates but enough is enough! I am at my wit's ends.

6 comments:

KleoPatra said...

ARGH. i wish you lived here...

Brrrrrrrr! i have become quite wimpy after living in sunny SoCal this long.

i've not been to Florida, hope you'll give us a good report on what you see and if it's much different than what you remember when you lived there as a child.

Here's to running in GOOD, WARM weather, trac! *clink*

bazu said...

Please, please, PLEASE take me to Florida with you! I'm getting left in the cold- you in Florida, Daiku going to New Orleans... where's the justice? When will it get warm?

urban vegan said...

It is much too cold for April. Brrrr. Glad you're still on the move despite the cold.

meesh said...

Ooooh, I know of what you speak! I can't go running when it's all cold and windy without a scarf and earmuffs. (my ears HURT in the cold). By the time you get all bundled up, then get sweaty running...ugh. No fun. Here's to warmer weather and better running condiitons.

I hope you have a nice vacation in FLA. I used to visit there every other year or so when I was a kid. A little humid for me these days, but still nice. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd just like to offer a solution that helped me- getting a running coach! They really get you to go out in the cold! I use David Hunt, he's a pro runner at www.davidhuntrun.com. He's helped me out quite a bit with getting out there when I really don't want to!

vko said...

Have a great time and soak up all the warmth you can- feels like the warmth is never coming to NY....