Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Run Update

My plan was to run the Fort to Fort 5k race this weekend. I didn't get my application in on time. I haven't been running as much as I had planned so I know that any good result is out of the question, or frankly, would be way, way too painful and probably injury provoking.

Saturday, at the park, I ran with Bridge, forcing myself to keep pace with her. It was an easy pace for her and Momo but I was working my ass off. About a quarter mile left, I got a sharp pain in my left knee. My feet have always been what has bothered me, - my weak point. I have to say, whenever anything else bothers me, I feel slightly betrayed. Yeah, my feet can hurt but nothing else better. Walking made the pain recede but as soon as I started running again, it started up. I had walk the last quarter mile. Later that day at home, while walking up the dog's ramp, the pain returned, very sharp and the husb had to actually help me get in the house.

Monday, I ran the hills with Shannon, Sue and Sherri and voila! No pain! Pretty cool and I was happy. Although I wasn't running with Momo. I fed him too late for him to be able to make the 6 pm run. He was not a happy camper. Well, my employment is done April 30. I am not going back to work right away but will take some time. Being available to feed Cosmo earlier will help him make our evening runs.

It is also snowing today. Has been, on and off all day. Some even sticking to the ground. So, application not in on time, not been running enough, hinky knee and now snow. All reasons enough for me to blow off this weekend's 5k. I will run Saturday morning with the group, though :-)

3 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Snow on the ground, yikes! Spring seems to have left us for now too.

KleoPatra said...

i am glad to read this post, trac. Nice to see you're running and enjoying life... I know how it goes when the feet are buggin'. Sometimes it's the shoes, sometimes it's really you. Glad to read that you didn't have pain the last time you ran. Go you! I'm thinking of you and wishing you more good times ahead...

Anonymous said...

Hope your knee is feeling better! I've been dreading running in this cold, but I have to go today. Not looking forward to it (Cliff is).

J