Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The Book Thief

We had our book discussion on Sunday. I was very happy with the book and enjoyed it. I don't know as I would make it a point to search other books by this author though. I think he writes mainly for a young adult audience. The book dealt with a young girl living with a foster family in Germany during WWII. I found it pretty interesting in that I knew people who lived in Germany in that time period and also a couple of men who fought with the German army and were POWs in Canada. I enjoyed reading a book that used common German people as characters.

I just reread that paragraph and frankly, it sounds like the book reports I used to do in 2nd grade! LOL "I really liked this book because it was interesting and fun......." Anyways, our next book is Time Line by Michael Crichton. This is our science fiction selection. I have already started to read it. I read it many years ago and loved it. I adore time travel books :-)

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Well, sometimes you just like a book because you like it and you can't write an overly clever review using $10,000 words. Sometimes "I liked it because..." works well! Hmmm..Michael Crichton. I'm so on the fence with him. Let us know how that one goes.

(as a matter of fact: i have ONE of his books on my shelf that I "accidentally" bought from the mail order book club and have never cracked it open. Might should do that at some point...)

KleoPatra said...

I am reading about five books right now!!! I can never do one at a time...

Anonymous said...

just getting to know your blog, so this might be a question i'll find the answer to in a previous post. hvae you... have you read the time traveler's wife?

also, how are you liking collapse?