Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Letterboxing in FL

While I had a rental car to visit my mom, I decided to try for a few Florida letterboxes. I found two - one at a hotel by Disney and one planted in the Disney community of Celebration. This is a planned community just outside of the Disney compound.
The above is a picture of part of the village, overlooking a manmade lake. This place is manicured to within an inch of its life - it looks like a postcard :-) What I did find amusing was this sign I saw while searching for the letterbox:
Alrighty now.
On the home letterboxing front, there are dozens of new boxes to find this year, courtesy of a local gathering. I have to recarve and replant my Sicilian box, hopefully in a more secure location. I have to plant my runswithdog box and Jen and I have to finally finish and plant our Veg series.

5 comments:

meesh said...

lol- great sign! Try not to harrass any of the aligators now. :)

vko said...

That is way too funny because of course you wanted to feed the alligators. Seems so pretty, but so perfect & Stepford Wivish in Celebration, FL.

KleoPatra said...

i want to HUG an alligator!!

bazu said...

great sign. =)

p.s. the wegmans with temptation is the one in mattydale, on taft road. man, oh man, is it huge.

Anonymous said...

Day-um. That village looks as fake as Dolly Parton's b--bs! Yuck!

BTW did you see any alligators?

Jen