Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, April 28, 2007

food posts

I got off track a little bit with my food pictures and posts for the past month and a half. I just kind of lost heart - not just about food but about lots of other things. Not to worry - I was still eating and mostly taking pictures of what I ate - I just didn't bother to download my photos.

I have done some cooking and lots of eating though. Here is a picture of the dulce sin leche cupcakes (recipe from VCTOTW)that I plan on making for the next vegan dinner:


I scored a dinner at Bridg's one night - jerk seitan with coconut rice and roasted asparagus:

This was some good stuff. She even made the seitan from scratch. I can't remember where she got the recipe from.....maybe a Sarah Kramer book?

And last night, I made vegan pound cake - first read about in Bazu's blog. Pound cake was always one of those few things that I really missed. My mother made it every year around Christmas time to give as gifts. I remember her telling me that her secret was to add the eggs (ewwww, yucko!) individually and beat thoroughly after each one. This cake recipe is as good as I remember pound cake tasting - oh happy day! After 9 years to finally eat pound cake again :-)
I made a double recipe and baked one large loaf and 3 mini loaves. I used lemon extract and got a little creative with some leftover batter. I tossed some poppyseeds in and baked it in muffin tins. This made the richest, densest, delicious lemon poppyseed muffins ever!
So there you have it, a little vegan food love going out into cyberspace :-)

4 comments:

bazu said...

Everything looks delicious. I love the poppyseed poundcake muffin idea! I also commend your efforts with FitDay... I've kinda fallend off the exercise bandwagon for a couple of months (!!) and really want to get back into it!

Oh, and how good does that seitan look? What a dinner. Mmmm.

Michelle Ann said...

I love anything with poppyseeds...Those muffins looked delicious.

The Greyhound Walking Club of Central New York said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Whoops, that was me. I'm signing in under the right account now! To say...

"mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!"

Jen :o)