Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

May Day

If you are so inclined (not that I think anyone is) and are breathlessly checking my fitday everyday, on the edge of your seat, wondering just what my protein and caloric count is for the day, you might notice that yesterday is mighty spare. I decided to give myself one 'off day' each week and yesterday was my 'off day'. I tracked a little in the morning but then I met friends out for a celebratory dinner. My temp job at Central New York's version of Enron, that was supposed to last until the end of December, finally did end - pretty much when I told them I wasn't coming in anymore. So yesterday, I finally threw off the shackles of The Man and started to reclaim my life again. Very appropriately on May Day. Workers of the World, Unite! (Like the red? It is a nice touch, if I think so myself :-))

(As an aside, am I the only curious about Fidel? He was a no-show? All we get is Raoul at the parade? I call foul! Methinks those robust photos we have seen lately might have been staged - not that I want to sound conspiracy minded.....)

We celebrated with a great dinner at Steve's, a pitcher of margaritas, margarita cupcakes and stayed to watch American Idol. Go Blake!

Cosmo and I also ran yesterday - 2.5 miles. Damn, I felt pretty sorry for myself. I figure another week or so and I will be back up to speed and we can rejoin the group without embarassing ourselves.

(As another aside, since I have been tracking calories, I have paid more attention to portion size. Let me tell you, a serving size of cereal -3/4 a cup - is NOTHING! NOTHING, I tell you. Certainly not enough to provide sustenance for any human being. It is cruel.)

2 comments:

bazu said...

Oh I'm sorry I missed your May Day post! Happy May Day to you, comrade!

I'm with you- I missed Fidel too. Am I the only American who'll be sad when he dies??

Wait... did I hear someone say... Pyramid...?...

KleoPatra said...

3/4 of a cup of cereal. I'm SO sure!!! :o) Keep on running, Trac!! Happy May Day (belated)...