Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Wednesday Run

Cosmo and I took off right after work for our little midweek jaunt. The distance was 2.81 (yes, that is exact - you can thank http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/) and our time was 31.44. Now, we had a pee stop that lasted for a minute (I timed it - the boy really had to go) and a poop break that I didn't time. We did 11:18 m/m *actual time* but if I take a conservative 1:30 off for the pee/poop stop, we clock in at a more respectable 10:46 m/m. It wasn't easy - the last .2 mile, I was doing that grunting exhale thing, *huunh* *huunh*.

Edited to add: I considered running a little farther, but part of the reason we only did 2.81 is because I don't think I had the endurance to continue at that pace :-)

4 comments:

vko said...

Doesn't Cosmo know by now how to cut down on his poop/pee time to help on your time?

Oh, well- he's got such a great little face, I'm sure you don't really hold it against him!

meesh said...

I would consider the poo and pee breaks to be opportunities to catch my breath. Good dog! :)

I saw your message this morning and ... YES! I did go for a run yesterday morning. Wheeee! I couldn't quite haul my butt otu of bed this morning, but I plan on gettin' out tomorrow. It feels so good for the rest of the day if I start it with some kind of exercise. Thanks for the motivation!

KleoPatra said...

Good job, Trac! I had to laugh about the pee and poop stops. Mattie's a master at both of those when we go joggin'. Love that you incorporated that into the run (at least the pee one). Very clever!

Good girl, way to get out there and go. Nice inspiration...

Anonymous said...

Great job! :o)

Jen