Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tipp Hill Pictures

Some of my pics are duplicates of Bridget's so I won't post them.
Here is Kris looking good, I think these first ones are at the beginning of the race.
Teresa and Sue:

Yours truly:
Is it any wonder she is faster than I am? No smiling, no waving. None of that nonsense like the rest of us. Just wiping snot and running! Bridget (looking like what did Jen say? A garlic covered fettucine noodle running like a gazelle?)
One mile left at the top of Coleridge hill. Sherri perfectly placed herself to get us all coming up the hill. I was pretty miserable but she gave me warning so I put my head up and smiled for the camera. Although that smile looks like Jack Nicholson as The Joker.....Then I put it back down and went back to being miserable. You can see the blind runner behind me with her cane. So maybe I did just barely beat her - she still passed me several times!
Sue and Teresa heading up the hill. Oh yeah, little ponytailed girl. Look on in amazement!
Teresa and Sue finishing. Hmmmmm, they look in pretty good shape. I think this photo gives credence to my theory that we can run faster. I now have the evidence, Sue! LOL
Me bringing it home. You can see Wendy behind me in the yellow jacket and hat.
Kris in the white shirt and red hat. I passed her with about a mile and a half to go and she said her stomach was acting up, but she did finish strong. Great job! Oh and look at the blind runner. Ok, so I guess I did officially beat her (since Kris came in a little behind me) but damn, look at her go! She was doing a walk/run pattern and I swear, I came to dread hearing her cane on the pavement coming up behind me. "Damn, she is going to pass me again!" The man running by her was with her the whole way, most of the time they were running with their arms touching. What an amazing accomplishment and for all my kvetching, it was great to observe them most of the race.
Here is Shannon finishing. I trained and it was hard. She took two weeks off from running and went to Cancun and finished. Sheesh.......I am embarassed for myself LOL
The support crew: Michael Corleone.....oops, I really mean my husband, Andrew. Sherri, photographer extraordinaire - all the race photos are by her. Wendy and Deb. People might think it is a little thing or not important but I cannot emphasize enough how encouraging and motivating it is to turn a corner and see a friendly face there. These guys all probably covered as much ground as we did because it seemed like they were everywhere. Thanks guys! All of you are the greatest.
And one last group shot. Take a good look because I think from here on out Bill is going to be ostracized from our group. 8:30 m/m, indeed. Humpf.......

7 comments:

Bridget said...

The blind woman was amazing! Can you imagine running that hill without seeing where it ends and just going up and up and up!

I look like I am picking my nose! I am NOT...I am wiping the snot!

Great picture of the cheering crowd. I am with you, we couldn't of done it without them!

Anonymous said...

Looking at the picture I think what is missing is a hat. Trac you need the hat lol

meesh said...

Wow. You are amazing! Congratulations on finishing that race. I am in awe.

Not only did you do an amazing job, but you did it in the cold! You all are wearing quite a lot of hats and sweatshirts and whatnot. It must have been freezing!

You really are so inspiring, Trac. Damn, I gotta get my butt out of bed and go running before work tomorrow. :)

bazu said...

Those photos are inspiring. I really wish I could have been there!
Oh, and both Daiku and I are in love with the blind runner and her partner. How cool are they?!

vko said...

Congratulations on a great job - freezing cold or not! And that blind runner- how inspirational!

All my tomorrows said...

Look at all you brave girls.

Those are so awesome. Thanks for posting them.

Sue said...

Hey - that smile on my face is "Thank God that this races is almost over" smile!!!! Or could it be a grimace?