Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, March 16, 2007

No title. Couldn't even bother to think up one. Today:

1) I visited a young woman in the hospital who recently had surgery. She is in her late 20's with a husband and a 2 year old baby. After her surgery, she had a stroke. Her speech is slurred, she is unable to move her left arm and she has double vision in her right eye. There is considerable nerve damage done to the muscles on the right side of her body and face. She will be unable to drive for 6-8 months and will have to undergo intensive physical therapy.
2) The husb was notified by the SOA, that after over 10 years of effort, his final professional development packet was lacking. The hazing continues.
3) Angus is not feeling well. Things are going in and things are coming as they should (dog people and parents know what I mean) and there are no immediate, visible symptoms I can point to, but the boy is feeling hinky.
4) Mother Nature teased us a bit but winter is now back in full force. It will never be warm again.

I would like to say that some mornings it doesn't pay to get out of bed but my #1 item above is enough to remind me that any morning out of bed is a good one. I just have to work at believing it. Ah well.............

7 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Hang in there :-(....

Your DH is an ACTUARY? Good lord...he must be brilliant.

I worked with those guys and gals in my last job and was in awe. Major education involved in that field..Tell him to hang in there, too.

Spring is coming. It is. I promise.

Anonymous said...

The good Lord doles out days like these so we can find our strength. After reading your blog and Sue's my situation seems trivial.

You will all be in our prayers as we remember how fortuate we are.

sherri

Anonymous said...

"Believing it" can be hard sometimes. :oP

Hope Ahngus is feeling better today... any report from the vets?

J

bazu said...

Oh dear... the good ol' society of actuaries... my dad's dealings with them took up a huge chunk of my childhood! It becomes an obsession- a hunt for a white whale...

I hope Cosmo feels better soon. And your friend in the hospital is in my thoughts.

Candi said...

Thank you for reminding us about "believing it!" Oh, that's so hard, especially after a day like yours. I hope you are doing well, and keep up the positive thinking!! *hugs to you and your "baby!!"*

KleoPatra said...

Oh man, that is tough. The young woman who had surgery, then a stroke. Unbelievable tragedy. I'm so sorry and pray she will be able to recover and get back to her regular self...

As for No. 2 on your list, that is heart wrenching in another way. Is there anything you can do to rectify that sitch at all? "Hazing" should be outlawed in every way completely eradicated forever in every way, shape and form.

I hope Angus is getting through what's ailing him and will be on the road to feeling much better soon. Poor kiddo!

IT WILL BE WARM AGAIN. Trust me on that.

Tomorrow's another day. And we're here for you to vent to. We all have times like this when life seems to keep throwing roadblocks, potholes and dead ends at us... we MUST keep truckin' though, yep. There's a lot of great stuff just over the horizon.

Take it from someone who's been through HE-double toothpicks and back a plethora of times. I won't sing the blues here but i've seen it all and it's not easy ... it always gets better. ALWAYS.

*HUGS*

vko said...

Thank you for reminding us how we take our everyday lives for granted- I know it's hard to remember when we are having tough days...

I just read a piece in the NYTimes- an article titled, Facing Life With A Lethal Gene- where a 23yr old woman gets tests positive the rare genetic disorder, Huntington's disease, where basically she learns that her brain cells will start slowly dying by age 45. It's terrible.

Everyday is a gift and we give thanks for our family, friends, especially our blog friends & our little companion animals.