Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Last post for tonight

It has been quite the busy week so there hasn't been much posting. Our weather has stunk - lots of snow, lake effect was pounding us.



The week started very nicely with a great vegan potluck on Sunday night. It was hosted by SARO. I joked to Bridg that we were probably the oldest ones there. It was our first time at an SARO hosted event and they did a great job. We stayed until 8:30, even though the potluck was still going strong. Hey, we are old and we were tired! LOL We had a great time, met some great people - especially Bazu and Daiku! It was great to meet them as I feel like I know them already from her blog :-) Check it out - Where's the Revolution, great writing, great pictures, great people......

Then came Valentine's Day........hmmmm.....I am usually not a fan of the 'holiday'. It is very contrived and commercial. That being said, the husb has done very well last year and this year. Last year, I went to bed only to find an Ipod Nano under my pillow. It was a very very nice and thoughtful present, I love to listen to it while running.

This year.....well, I wasn't expecting anything really. Last year was great, but I didn't think it would be a recurring event - we really aren't big on surprise presents. Or at least I *thought* we weren't.

The husb called me Wednesday afternoon because he left something in my car and needed me to get it. I wasn't happy about having to trudge out in the snow but I did and long story short - my car wasn't in the parking lot where I left it. What was there?




Yeah. A brand new 2007 Tango Red 4wd Honda Element. Some surprise, huh? I gotta say the guy is the master of the grand gesture. LOL He really, really is wonderful :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I used to laugh at all those silly car commercials showing a husband getting his wife a car for Christmas, and her opening the door and seeing the sparkling new car with a huge bow on top. Who the heck gets their spouse a CAR as a present? Well now I know someone who does! :o) Thanks for the test-ride tonight... the pups and I give it two paws up (even though the back windows don't roll down, it was still a swanky ride). :o)

Jen

Dori said...

Oh my! What a grand surprise! Funny thing about the element. When I first noticed these super cute vehicles I misread the "element" word and thought it said "elephant". I went home and told my DH that I saw a vehicle with a most unusual name. For a week or so he searched for then on the high way and then on day he saw the elephant and asked, "Is that the elephant you told me about... I said yes." LOL ... anyway an elephant may eventually become my next vehicle.

bazu said...

GAH! Happy Valentine's day, indeed! What a thoughtful (and grand) gift- you must have been so surprised! And, the color is perfect. Awwww.

It was fun meeting you last week- we felt old too, but since we teach college students, we're used to that feeling. Our students stay the same age, and we get older and older... let's do more potlucks anyway! =)

bazu said...

p.s. I wanted to give you my email address, so we could discuss things (like the dining club- yay!) off the blog. It's bazooq (at) gmail.