Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I love it when....

people tell me how delicious their food/meat is. And trust me, when someone finds out your diet deviates from the SAD, all of a sudden *everything* is about food. I especially love the 'food police'. You know....the ones that feel the need to question what you eat and inspect your food. I don't know if they do it out of concern, as if we might slip up and accidently eat something non-vegan or if they are hoping we will so they can 'catch' us. A close second to the 'food police', is the 'food describer'. "Man, you should have seen the steak we had last night, it was so juicy and rare, it melted in our mouth". "Oh, you don't know what you are missing, you should try *fill in the blank*" I got news for them. I do know what I am missing. I have eaten meat and excretions from animals. I chose not to eat it now. I have made a choice. What have you done? Followed along, lemming-like, with your upbringing, the social norm, until you go cascading off a heart attack/stroke cliff? Don't tell me I don't know what I am missing and I just need to try whatever. I know what I am missing and frankly, I am not missing it all that much. Do *you* know what *you* are missing?

6 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Heh.

FANtastic post.

*HUGS TRAC*

Sue said...

You go girl!!!! You don't do that to other people, why should they do that to you!!

bazu said...

Hey, you are welcome! I only link to blogs I love.

Um... are you by any chance going to the sunday potluck again? I really want to, and it would be great to see you there again!

bazu said...

Ok, I realize that my above comment has been posted to the wrong post! But you know what I mean...

vko said...

Everything that you said in your post. I wholeheartedly agree, hallelujah, praise be!

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!