Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, February 19, 2007

Post Run Pup


Cosmo after our 3+ mile hill run with Sue. He looked so cute with his jowl hanging down!
It seemed to have warmed up a little today so I was really looking forward to running. When we got there, well, Mother it was cold! I really thought it might have been too cold for Momo so I watched him closely but he trotted along nicely and warm in his bro. We did the hill loop 4 times, 2 times each way.
First time around, all I could think of was why is it still so hard to run when I have been doing it almost 4 years on and off? It was brutal. If Sue hadn't been there, I would have stopped. As it was, I could barely keep up with her. And she is talking the whole time! Second and third loops were better. Sherry joined us late at the start of our last loop. It was great because we hadn't seen her in a while and she was able to talk through that last loop which made it go by faster. We stopped and she continued on. I briefly thought about continuing with her so she wouldn't be running alone but I didn't want to push it. I felt decent at the end and wanted to keep that feeling. I felt a little bad but then I thought, 'eh, she is a better and faster runner than I am anyways, she doesn't need me. I would only slow her down!' LOL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me:)You guys were looking good for 4th time round. I managed my three loops by focusing on Sue's voice. 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4. It was good to see you both and I look forward to warmer weather and regrouping outside with everyone. It makes it "fun"?!

sherri

Sue said...

What do you mean I kept you going? You were the one that kept me going!!!

Sue said...

Cos - Andy says "Ma, He looks so cute!!! You better not have hurt him!" Ha, if Andy only knew that Cos is better shape then his Ma

KleoPatra said...

Hooray for you!! I know what you mean about the weather making it seem daunting... even tho i live in sunny SoCal, there are days when it is cold and i put running off... but i always feel SO MUCH BETTER when i do. What a great photo. A healthy and fit dog is a happy, long-living dog... Mattie is proof positive of that. Deaf as she is, she's in excellent health. I vowed to myself after my last couple of rescued spaniels that Mattie was gonna get groomed and was gonna be fit. And so far in four years, she not only looks pretty good on the outside but she's doin' pretty darn good on the inside, or so my vets tell me. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, TRAC!!!

vko said...

That's a great picture of Cosmo- pooped & content to be home.

Ah what great fortitude you & Cosmo have to run in this cold! Bravo.

And yes in response to your comment on my post- you must try Pure Food & Wine when you visit your daughter- is she vegan?

Also love your post with the protein & calcium breakdown, I will refer all to your post when asked- such a tiring question- thank you!

All my tomorrows said...

That dog is just gorgeous. Does he know it ? ;-)