Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday Run

I hurried home today, grabbed Cosmo and headed out into 20 degree weather for a proposed 3 mile run before dark. Yep, you read that right, 20 degrees. It was cold. I wore a longsleeved underarmor type shirt with a longsleeved tshirt over it and a cotton hoodie jacket, gloves, ear warmer band and pants. Cosmo wore his bro. I debated whether to take him or not but I knew if I left him, he would be hysterical. So I made a judgment call. Now I am making another one - we won't run outside under 25 degrees.

It was too COLD. I think I fared worse than Mo, he seemed to tool right along, having a great old time, happy to be out, cutting a dashing figure in his bro. I was pretty warm with the exception of my face. But I felt slow and sluggish because of the cold. I think it will have to be the treadmill for me in these temps. We planned on 3 but did 2.4. That was enough.

1 comment:

All my tomorrows said...

I'm glad it is not just me that is struggling with running in the cold. I NEED to because I don't know what 18Feb is going to be like, but, darn it hurts!!