Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Monday, January 15, 2007

What we are up against.....

The top picture is the elevation map for the Tipp Hill Run (not all of it, just the hill portion). The bottom is the elevation for our Monday Hill run. We have our work cut out for us. I do not live in a flat area, there are plenty of rises but somehow, we just don't have hills around here. I hope we can get out and run the race course the second week of February. The good news is the the hills we have been running are getting easier. Next week we will run the second hill in the bottom little elevation map twice for a total of 4 hills.

3 comments:

Sue said...

OH SHXXXXXX!!!

I have alot of running to do!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, that is stomach churning! I'm not sure I will enter THAT race, LOL.

Jen

runswithdog said...

My first thought was 'we are 'f'-ed. But I remembered that we have our plan and hills are our friends. We will be able to do this, even if it is slow. Just be prepared because the days of taking it easy are over, we are now really going to apply ourselves to achieve success.