Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, January 05, 2007

This week's lunches

Yeah, yeah, I know....who wants to see or cares about what I eat. But too bad. It's my blog and I am going to continue to post them. I figure it will force me to continue making them and they will have to be half decently healthy. Even I would be embarassed to post a picture of a lunch that consists of dry Cap'n Crunch cereal, gummi bears and stale popcorn.
Anyways......no work or bento on Monday (thank goodness this week seemed shorter than the last eternal week!). Tuesday, I forgot the camera. But here is Wednesday's lunch:
Applesauce, basmati rice, caribbean pepper pot stew and chocolate bunny grahams with almonds, pecans and walnuts. Yummy!
Thursday:

Veggie chic'n nuggets, a cut-to-fit orange glazed scone, mixture of nuts, craisins and mini chocolate chips and cinnamon sprinkled applesauce.

Both Wednesday and Thursday was a shitload of food. I kid you not. I could barely eat dinner. So Friday, I decided to exercise a little portion control. I took my lunch in the bento fishes.

Peanut butter and raspberry jam on whole wheat bread (cut to fit), chocolate bunny grahams and orange and grapefruit sections. A decent amount of food not nearly approaching the embarassment of Mr. Bento riches. It should have been enough, right? Well, at the last minute, I lost my nerve, I panicked, I caved. I fixed a little supplemental snack box of Lorna Doones, nuts, craisins and chocolate chips.
The fish bento is really, really, to die for cute.

3 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Beautiful. I love your food posts. Does that count?

bazu said...

I care about food posts too! Somehow, even though I didn't intend it, my blog has become totally a food blog... hmmmm.

Those fishes. Please. Please. Where'd you get those fishes?

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm.... making me hungry....

Jen