Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Dinner

I made Caribbean Pepper Pot for dinner tonight - actually, I made it last night and plugged in the crock pot (a magnificent invention!). It was SO good, seriously spicy, coconut milk smooth good. The recipe is from 125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes, that I received from my in-laws for Christmas. It looked so pretty, I just had to take some pictures :-) I topped each bowl with rice and cilantro. It was served with a romaine lettuce salad, with carrots, garbanzo beans, red pepper and artichokes.


4 comments:

bazu said...

That's a beautiful dinner- exactly what I'd like to eat. I really should use the crock pot more.

In case I haven't already, I want to wish you a happy new year! And yes, I just love the Clark Reservation. Such fun hiking.

Anonymous said...

Man Trace, you have a real talent with photography. I could NEVER get that quality with indoor shots!!! Honestly, your pictures look like they were in Bon Appetit magazine.

Jen

P.S.- Food looks delish too, although I prefer my coconut in pies or Mounds candy bars, LOL.

meesh said...

What a beautiful stew! Looks quite tasty too. :)
Darn, I may have to replace the darn crockpot I got rid of when I moved.

All my tomorrows said...

Omigosh that looks good! I always get inspired to cook something when I come here...