Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, January 05, 2007

Back to running

I have been sick ever since Christmas - head cold, sinus infection, cough, poor me, so no running. This week I set into recovery mode and started feeling good. Mo and I headed out Wednesday after work for an experimental, let's-see-if-I-can-do-this-without-hacking-up-a-lung run. We did the little 2.11 route (I know this exactly because of http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/ - great site!) and while it wasn't easy, it wasn't grueling. I just felt tired and heavy but we perserved and plodded along and Cosmo was one happy, happy boy. I didn't time myself because I didn't want to get depressed at my 'I should just walk it' speed.

Today, after bopping home, I laced up the sneaks and we went out again. We did the same route, it felt pretty good. I didn't push too hard and we ended up doing 10:58 m/m. :-)

Tomorrow is the slow distance run at the park with my buds. Jen will be joining us so that should be lots of fun.

2 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Your pace is lookin' good. Don't push yourself too hard until you are feeling better, though. Friendly advice!

Sue said...

Hey - I'm sorry that I missed today. The Dr pulled me out of work for Thurs and Fri because of all the coughing that I was doing.

OK - you keep on telling me that you are a 11 m/m!!! And then what do yo do!!! GREAT JOB!!!

I'm hoping to run again on Monday. March is just coming up way to quick!!!