Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

P*sspoor start to the week

Miserable, just absolutely miserable. Weather sucks so I can't run. Treadmill aggravates the knee so I can't run. I am going to have to start right back up walking 1 minute *grrrrr* Sunday is the Mid Winter Blues run and it is forecasted to be a high of 15, low of 9. Which means it will be 15 degrees at 3 pm and the race is at 9:45 am. Man, I just don't think I am that tough..... My dogs are stir crazy, can't get out for walks. If it warms up enough, the road salt hurts their feet. I tried paw wax but that only lasts for so long. How did the Native Americans and settlers do it? I sent an invoice yesterday and the address was something like Loma Rosa Catalina road or something. That was good for a half hour day dream about how it must be like to live somewhere place where they name the roads Loma Rosa Catalina instead of Snowbank Way.

Son #1 took off the other day for who knows where. Somewhere out west. I feel like I just sent a little model boat adrift in the big huge ocean, all at mercy of the currents, the sea life and huge passing ocean liners.

I interviewed for a job, that I want, that I can do great and I don't think I am going to get it. Why? Because I am a lousy interview. Inspite of hours of coaching, practice sessions and all of B's career center expertise - I went in and choked. It is one thing not to get a job because you are not right for it. It is another thing to blow the chance at a great job because you suck.

We did our monthly budget fight for February and I am already regretting the extra mortgage money decision. I AM TIRED OF HAVING NO MONEY. NO MONEY. NADA. ZIP. ZILCH. I have been without money before (hey, I was a single parent with 3 small kids, going to school full-time, I know NO MONEY!) But it sucks to have NO MONEY when there is money there, iykwim.

In the depths of my misery, I come across this. I really need to frequent the thrifty, frugal sites more for inspiration and encouragement. Love what you have. That will be my mantra for the week. Love what you have.

5 comments:

madeinalaska said...

oh honey, I feel your pain on so many levels!
I too, have sent one son off and felt the exact same way. You put that quite beautifully!
I too was a single, working, going to collage mom and know what is like not to have any money..
when your goals are reached it will be soo worth it!
chin up, the right job will come along..
take care
Julee

Anonymous said...

Jeesh, Trace. Now I see why you didn't call me back last night.

Jen

Anonymous said...

P.S.: Oh, forget it.

All my tomorrows said...

I admire that you and your DH are being frugal and trying to get that mortgage all squared away. It takes a LOT of strength in our more more more society to just say no to "getting stuff" (hey, look at me and my insatiable need to buy a CD every 5 minutes when I know I should NOT! Heh!). That post you linked was GREAT.

Did you hear about those people in I think, CT, that tried to go a WHOLE YEAR without buying ANYTHING new? Fascinating! Some of them DID pull it off. It can be done.

As far as interviewing, OH.My.Gosh. Do I feel your pain. Behavioral interviews especially. Sometimes you just want to scream "Dear God, I just DID the crapping work! Don't ask me HOW!"...keep pluggin'!!!! :-)

Dori said...

I feel with you too. I am reading your blog for the first time, but I read the post you linked here from ruthie right before I came here. The last seven years we lived on one income and made do with two kids (one with special needs), both teens now - 15 and 18.

I wish you the best in your job search. P.S. I'm going to link you.