Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, January 07, 2007

The final run

Saturday, Jen came into town and joined the little running group. I am still recovering (and hoping for no set-back or recurrence) and Jen is a fairly new runner so we took it easy. Most the group ran 4.5 but we set out to do 3, then upped it to 3.5, then added on a quarter for 3.75. It was slow, but it was supposed to be :-). Jen brought her dog Cliff and he did really, really well. At a few points, he and Cosmo were shoulder-to-shoulder, running (or rather walking briskly) right together. So cute.

I did okay but really started to feel the distance at about 3 miles. Just tired and I probably would have walked if Jen hadn't been with me. She did really, really well. I think she is in perfect positioning for her first race next month. She already has the distance down.

This week the plan is:

Monday - the hills....3.2 miles
Tuesday - cycle
Wednesday - 3 miles
Thursday - cycle
Friday - 2 miles
Saturday - 4 to 4.5 miles
Sunday, blessed Sunday - OFF!

My plan is to add that Friday 2 mile run to get used to a 4th day running and to gradually up it to 3 or more when I feel good.

4 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

Sounds like you had a good time with the run. Did the hounds collapse when you returned home?

Sue said...

I'm sorry that I missed the run!!! With the coughing that I just did on the treadmill walking at 3.0 mph for only 10 minutes, it looks like I'm not going to run on Monday. Great Job for you and Jen!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun! :o)

Jen

All my tomorrows said...

You guys are doing great. I can not wait to hear how this race goes. I am betting there are some very defining moments in store! :-)