Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, December 29, 2006

Wednesday and Friday's lunches

Wednesday's lunch:


Upper left is a salad with sprouts, pine nuts, carrots, etc. with two little containers fulled with ginger sesame dressing. Upper right container has rice (made with the superb Zojirushi rice maker - love it, love it, love it!) topped with tofu, green beans and carrots sauteed in a bottled asian barbeque sauce. Bottom container is grapefruit sections. The fourth container was filled with walnuts, Lorna Doone cookies and chocolate graham bunnies. A dear friend brought me over a Christmas filled with all sorts of goodies including chocolate graham bunnies. They are my new addiction :-) Anyways, I ate them at my desk before lunch because I was hungry so no picture of them.

I bagged out of work early on for a family function so no lunch on Thursday. Friday's lunch:

Upper left is a salad, with the recurring ginger sesame dressing. Upper left is rice sprinkled with sesame gomasio. Bottom left is a baggie of rosemary bread chips alongside a container of jalapeno/lime hummus from here. Bottom left is vegan 'chicken' nuggets with asian barbecue sauce in the blue container for dipping.

2 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Oh my lordie does all of that look good.

You've inspired me to cook something this weekend.

It's hard for me to do anything meaningful in the kitchen because I'm always restricting my calories so, but I have this linguine and tomato sauce recipe and, by golly, I'm gonna do it now! Whee!

Anonymous said...

Gee Trace, that first picture looked like it came out of a cookbook! Beautiful photo.

All your food looks delicious. Honestly you should just open your own restaurant...

Jen