Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, December 29, 2006

Crappy times in River City

I have been sick since Christmas day - sinus infection and head cold. I haven't run since the Sunday before Christmas. All I do is get up, go to work, come home and deal with all the attendent kid and dog drama. This week was only four days but it felt like the longest.....I woke up this morning thinking, how can it NOT be Saturday yet????

Needless to say I am looking forward to this weekend - no plans. I do hope if the illness abates to head down to Highland forest on Sunday for a day of hiking and letterboxing with Angus and Cosmo. Sunday is forecast to be the best day of the weekend and I am looking forward to getting some fresh air with the dogs.

I have lots of blog reading to catch up on.....

3 comments:

Iowa Greyhound said...

The only bad thing about winter is cold/flu season. It's makes for some crappy times.

It got me too, I'm so far behind on my workout plans...

All my tomorrows said...

(I like your new template BTW...)

I am so sorry you are sick. You may remember that not so long ago I was dealing with this myself and being a whiny baby (which you are ALLOWED to do when you are sick) and feeling like poo every single day.

I wish you a quick recovery. Just take it easy, don't push yourself and you will be right in no time.

We will think healing thoughts for you.

Sue said...

I understand how you feel!!! It has gone around our house twice. Hope to run with you soon!!!