Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Two new purchases

In our ever present quest to eat healthy (and because we are kind of Japanese obsessed) we just bought a rice maker. We bought a Zojurishi model. I gotta say, the rice really DOES taste different made in this machine. It is pretty neat, simple and user friendly but still with lots of options. I have been setting it on delay the night before and we wake up to hot, freshly cooked rice to go in the thermal bentos for lunch.

In the "Nothing good will ever come out of this" department, we also bought a bread machine:

Well, maybe something good will come out of it. The husb is trying to eliminate gluten from his diet to see if that might solve some digestive problems. Yeah, try eating out with him. "Hello, thanks for the menu. I am vegan and gluten free!" Anyways, store bought gluten free bread sucks and is expensive. We made a loaf in the machine and it was much better. Merry Christmas to us.

Add these to purchases to the purchase I just made of Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World, and dangerous times are ahead. Good thing I am adding that 4th day of running. I have made two recipes so far - the pumpkin chocolate chip cupcakes (conveniently photographed by 5CG for her lunch tomorrow) and the cappacino, espresso creme filled cupcakes. Both were very, very good but the pumpkin ones were supreme in their simplicity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rice cookers are wonderful! I'll never cook rice any other way.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! New toys are always so much fun. I can't wait hear how all your breads turn out. I'm waiting for you to make the swirly one just like the picture.

All my tomorrows said...

Nice rice cooker.