Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sunday Stats

Monday I didn't run with the group - it was too cold and snowy. I really thought the roads would be too slick but it turns out some hardcore runners did show and run the hills. Drat! Cos and I will be out there with them tomorrow though.

Tuesday - After teaching two cycle classes, I ran 2 miles on the treadmill - just to prove to myself I could :-). All you out there that treadmill it - I gotta give it up to you. It was brutal, boring and brutal but I did it.

Wednesday - 3 miles

Thursday - 2 cycle classes

Saturday - 40 minutes (probably just under 3.5) at the park. I had to catch the group twice. Once because of a Cosmo poop break and then because Bridg and I got ahead before the turnaround. It was a good feeling run.

Last week was the 12th week of the 12 week ride so I am done teaching that class until the new session begins. I am down to teaching only two classes a week, on Tuesday and Thursday. I think this is the point for Cosmo and I to add a 4th day running. I am thinking about doing an easy 2/2.5 mile run on Thursdays. Got to step up the game.

Speaking of which - Cosmo got his 'bro' today :-) If the weather cooperates, he will wear it tomorrow evening for the hill run. It is so gorgeous on him, mauve, pink, orange, teal stripes. Absolutely stunning. I should also be getting the new hands-free leash set up within the next two weeks. Freaking place makes the things to order and they are a month behind! I talked to the owner the other day on the phone and he assures me that they use nylon webbing for the leash that is rock climbing grade and that the latches are tested to 500 lbs.

I also did just get a new reflector vest. A co worker told me of a scary close call he had with a car while out running with his dog, so I thought, better safe than sorry. It is getting dark so early around here. It really sucks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone is getting a bro these days!

runswithdog said...

The bro is where it is at! Every well dressed male greyhound should have one. LOL

All my tomorrows said...

Yes, get your reflective vest. I DID get hit by a car while out running about 5 years ago. I ended up with a broken leg and arm (on opposite side) and many bad bruises - I was real lucky and did not have any internal injuries. I promise you it is a very cool (and I don't mean cool good) feeling to get hit by a car and then fly up in the air and wonder if you're gonna come down on your neck or head or live or what. I'll have to blog about that experience sometime soon.