Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Friday, December 08, 2006

I cut my own hair today

So, after getting dressed for work, I was taking one last look over in the mirror to make sure my underwear wasn't showing and as I turned to leave the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of my hair from the side. There were two locks hanging way down my back, about 2 inches longer than the rest of my hair. Could only a few strands grow faster than other hair? It really looked stupid, like that style that little boys had a few years ago with the long rat tails hanging down their backs. I grabbed a pair of scissors, reached behind me, grabbed the offending long hair and whacked it off. Or I thought I did. I looked in the mirror again, and there were the two over-long locks still hanging down. So I gave it another go. And another and another. I ended up with the two long locks gone and two huge handfuls of extra hair on the bathroom counter. I can't really see the back of my head very well to know what exactly I hacked off in my attempt to even up my hair but no one really pays attention to the back of people's heads, do they?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, you're brave! If all else fails, you can just wear it in a pony tail!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!
I used to cut my own hair all the time (and bleach.. and color... and...) in my "rebellious" days.

And I'm ashamed to admit, as a 6th grader in the late 80's... I had one of those rat's tails... and I thought I was the shit!