Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Enough is enough!

I am making a pledge that I will update my blog links in the next week (by Oct. 19). Goshdurnit, I spend hours reading the stuff out there, I should at least make it all public so everyone can know what good taste I have.

Couple of food notes:
I made the coconut cupcakes from VwaV a couple of weeks ago. Didn't really care for them unfortunately. They turned out the way they were supposed to and everybody else liked them. I think I just prefer a lighter cake (these were pretty dense) and I prefer my super duper secret family icing recipe. I am not giving up though because I love cupcakes. I am just gonna have to score me that new cupcake book.

Tonight I made the chickpea and broccoli casserole, also from VwaV. According to the writeup, it is pure comfort food, not very spicy. I found that all to be true. It was received very favorably in this house. I need to find a way to spice it up though.

No comments: