Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The challenge has been issued

I find myself occasionally in a socially awkward situation. Usually, I just go along, put on a happy face and then vent to long-suffering friends afterwards. I told Jen today on the phone that I am not going to let myself get drawn into this situation again. She laughed. She doesn't not think I have the wherewithal to avoid and/or remove myself from it.

Jen: I bet you $100 you will go along.
Me: You don't have $100.
Jen: Well......no I don't. But I will bet you $5.

She is way, way too amusing to me most times :-)

So, here is my declaration. I will not get sucked into this situation. I will find a way to gracefully avoid it without it being awkward, embarassing or hurtful. But I still won't make Jen pay me $5.

No comments: