Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weather woes

I told A that one day I want to live in a location where a sunshine-y, 70 degree day isn't an 'event'. Here, when we get those sorts of days, it is all anyone can talk about. "Wow, what a gorgeous day" "Enjoying the nice day?" "Can't beat this weather" etc. Today, all I want to know is if the rain will ever stop? Ever? Ugh! Cold, dreary, wet....

I have three canines here who are antsy with inactivity (even though two of them got a long, urban walk yesterday while I was scouting for a letterbox location). How antsy? If I breathe deeply, they all hop up thinking something (anything!) is going to happen. So I turned the fire on, brought out the blankets and the knuckle bones and now they are happily toasting and gnawing away. That should keep them occupied for a little while :-)

1 comment:

runswithdog said...

Ithaca is way, way too liberal and granola-y for me :-)