Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm Back Baby!!!

Almost two weeks have passed, we are all moved in the new house and today the cable finally, FINALLY got hooked up. I am back in business!

Here's a quick catchup and I do mean quick.....there are two weeks worth of blog writing out there I have to read and comment on :-)

House is great. I thought it would be a weird transition as we lived in our former house 9 years. I thought I would drive there automatically, wonder where I was when I woke up, etc. None of that has happened. The new house is very comfortable, very 'us'. We feel at home here which is nice. The dogs even settled down quickly and adapted to the new space and routine. The kitchen is an absolute dream to cook in, especially compared to my old one. After living out of a cooler for 3 weeks, it is so nice to be cooking. I even bought a new cookbook to celebrate. It is that old tried and true favorite of vegan bloggers everywhere.....Vegan with a Vengeance. I already made the chipolte corn chowder (excellent, by the way!) and the pumpkin muffins. I had made those before from Isa's website, and they are the best.

I am as sick as a dog, well actually sicker, since none of the three dogs currently cohabitating with me are sick. I have bridgetfluenza. Yep, I got Bridget's cold and I think I have it worse than she did *sniff* *pout* *feeling sorry for myself*

I am after Jen hard and nagging her....I want to get our veg series planted soon. The stamps are great and I don't want them sitting around for the next year!

I have started running again. It ain't pretty but I am moving the larda$$.

We have a new selection for our bookclub reading, chosen by my co-habitator (not one of the dogs, silly!). We are reading 'The Name of the Rose'. Should be very interesting :-)

5 comments:

All my tomorrows said...

Hi! Glad you're back. I like reading about your food..hahaha! (You inspire me to eat a better plant based diet :-)).

Enjoy your new house.

L

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey trac!! I'm glad you are back and thanks so much for taking time to visit blogs! (and leave me a comment!! :P) Congrats on the new house AND on beginning running again! HOOHOO!! That's awesome! Who cares if it ain't pretty....you will get there. Just keep moving. I'm happy you are making time for yourself like that!

Mmmm....VwaV! I love that cookbook!! Make some soup from there and feel better soon!!!

Sue said...

You are not that bad a running as you said!!!! You have gotten a whole bunch of people running, cycling, etc....that thought they would never would!!!!!

Anonymous said...

KEEP UP THE GOOD RUNNING (and all the other) WORK, trac!! Hope you are feelin' tip top very soon.