Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Clean Sweep

I hate to clean. Just, absolutely hate it. However, I like a clean and orderly house :-) There are too many other things I prefer to do, than to clean, books to read, dog walks, visiting friends, etc.

For some reason, I thought that keeping the new house clean would be easy. I don't know why, I just thought it would be clean. Maybe because it was clean when we moved in - I just thought it would be easy to keep it that way. Well, it gets just as dirty just as quickly as my old house.

I swept the whole house on Wednesday. And then, I swept it all Friday morning. This is the dirt that accumulated on my floors in less than 48 hours:

I put the ruler there so the size would be evident. It is an 8" hair ball!!! In two days!!! I tried to get Angus to sit by it as a size gauge but he wouldn't go near it. I think he was afraid of it :-) If you look closely, you can see that the pile of hair is all light colored. I believe this is the culprit and responsible for the majority of this mess:

Don't believe that innocent face. Even he knows he is guilty and is embarassed:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee... Nice post...

Having just recently vacuumed and steam cleaned my carpeting, i know what yer writin' 'bout here, trac!

All my tomorrows said...

I vacumn EVERY TWO DAYS, girl. They told me that Greyhounds do not shed. They lied. (LOL on your big dirt clod! I don't blame your little dog not wanting to stand there because it was bit frightening!)

Sue said...

Trac -

How could you get mad at that face!!! We have to vacuum every 3 days and all I have are boys!!!

runswithdog said...

Yeah, greyhounds don't shed - I love it when I hear people spout out that nonsense. They also are couch potatos - but I have a friend who has one that could put a lab puppy's activity level to shame. They also don't bark - yet another friend has one of the talking-est, barking-est, roo-ing-est dogs I have ever come across.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!!!!! What a funny post! I laughed at that hairball and then laughed more at the fact you measured it for us!! LOL! You are so funny! That's sure a lot of fur for such a short time, but I can relate. My pups do the same! Lol.